Thursday, July 19, 2007

Israel (Gulp)!

Okay... I need to diverge from my "typical" (can four blogs be typical?) subject, which is wrapped up the in the goal of helping anyone who reads this blog to enter into the Kingdom of God more fully. By the way, I just discovered that the first blog I wrote for this page, last May, ended up as a "draft," so I just published it, but it's on the bottom of the list.

Anyway, back to my divergance: those who know me (which, to my knowledge, is everyone who stumbles across this blog, but I could be surprised) know that in just over a week I will get on a plane and fly further than I have ever flown. For my first time off of this continent, I have been given the opportunity to travel to ISRAEL!!!

But it hit me today... I don't feel prepared. There are so many prayers and passions about Israel all over, there is so much theology, hope, and conflict, and there is so much history that my only sense is that I don't know what I'm getting into.

SOOO, I write this in hopes of advice, thoughts, prayers, and the like. If you have anything to share with me about Israel, leave a comment on this blog, or email me at the.wright.mike@gmail.com. I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

4 comments:

  1. I was just wondering through the blog world and came upon your page. I just wanted to encourage you to keep writting about what the Lord lays on your heart. You have some great thought provoking things on here already. Sorry I don't have any advice about Isreal but I really want to go there someday myself. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mike,
    Good to hear that you will go to Israel. Just enjoy it!!
    Some questions in my mind, "What is God's will for Israel and Christian?" Is the land more important than the PEOPLE? Hm..I don't know if you will visit the conflict area or not but please pray for Christians not to be too obsessed with the land instead of the people.
    I hope you will have great trip there.
    God Bless you.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike, I've never been, but I'd imagine enjoying local wines would be pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I received word that you would hear something at the tomb of Sarah. Then I read that children's voices and crying can be heard there. I've no idea what it means for you, maybe nothing, maybe something from God.

    I will pray for your ability to hold dear forever all that is meant for you from this trip. All the clarity, vision, and memory possible.

    Welcome back ,
    shooter.

    p.s. You, my friend, were plenty prepared.

    ReplyDelete